Tuesday, July 7, 2009

HI Anna,

Very sorry to hear about the latest turn of events. I wish I had more
guidance or wisdom to offer to help ease the sadness, but I don't
think anyone really has the answers on how to battle the grief and
uncertainty.

I do think you should know a few things about your grandfather: I
remember David as a young man in his 30's, when I was little boy. He
was always a kind, decent man, devoted to Tammy and proud of his sons
(if you can believe it, there was only Abe and Jesse back then -- Sam
and Joe weren't even born yet!).

Also, he was always open and embracing to me, taught me many valuable
lessons about life, and gave me a lot of well-needed guidance. For
that, I feel both grateful and indebted to him and the entire Socher
family.

He was always very proud of you, and the grandkids. You all remain a
great source of pride and strength to him.

These are trying times, so it is good that you can be there to support
your parents and Grandma. Lemme know if I can help in anyway. I'm
planning to visit in 2 weeks.

Love,

Demian

No comments:

Post a Comment